Are You Up for the Challenge?
Finding Homes and Hope for Our Children's mission is to transform lives by providing quality therapeutic foster care services to families and youth through collaboration, innovation, integrity and accountability. We believe that behind every success stands a youth who has hope for a brighter tomorrow and we pledge to make a difference.
Research shows that youth who are in foster care do best in family environments. It is our goal to support children during their time in foster care and to provide them with a safe, stable, nurturing, and temporary environment.
Who We Need:
We need families who are willing and able to provide love, support, nurturing, patience, guidance, structure and understanding. At FHHFOC, we hope to provide stability to our youth and their families while working towards their discharge goal.
Why We Need You:
We need families who can support youth in their greatest time of need. Children in foster care range in age from 0-17 years old. Many of these youth have come into the foster care system as a result of abuse or neglect. Others have experienced some other types of trauma such as abandonment, substance abuse, homelessness, court involvement, and domestic violence. For these youth, this might be the only life that existed prior to entering the foster care system.
What We Provide:
• In-depth training and on-going training
• Monthly stipend
• 24/7 crisis support
• Respite services
• Appreciation events
• Caring and professional staff to guide you through the process
• Support groups
What You Need:
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Need to have stable housing and income
• Be able to attend pre-service training and ongoing training annually
• Have reliable transportation and proof of auto insurance
• Have adequate space in your home for a child
• Have a clean driving record and able to pass a child abuse check and state/federal background checks
• Be willing and able to support a youth or youths in need
• Be willing to learn how to work with children who have emotional and/or behavioral challenges